Thinking about buying or using an Air Fryer? Read this first. Here are some Pros And Cons Of An Air Fryer.
1. Cooking Time.
Con: The cooking time in an air fryer is very slow compared to a regular fryer.
Pro: An air fryer cooks much faster than an oven or stove. Because a lot of heat stays inside it can preheat in minutes.
Con: There is a very high chance that you will have burnt and/or dried out food.
Pro: Healthier Meals. You do not need to use any oil to get your food crispy.
Con: It takes up a lot of space and even if it says for big families the mix serving is usually 1-4 people.
Pro: An air fryer can ultimately replace an oven.
Con: Air fryers are hard to figure out at first but normally they come with a cooking guide, but it may take a few tries before you get the results you want.
Pro: Most fryers are designed to be really easy to use. So after you get the hang of it quickly–you just set the temperature and time, then you put your food in and wait.
Once your food is ready, it’s time to enjoy it! Yum!
Do you own an air fryer? Do you love it? Was it worth the investment? What are your pros and cons of buying or using an air fryer? Share your perspective. Comment below.
Have you tried to make a cake and it didn’t turn out as planned? Read on for Tips To Achieve The Perfect Cake
These 7 tips will help you make the perfect cake!
1. Preparing Your Pans. Properly preparing your pan is one of the most important steps in cake making. There are many ways to prepare your pan. What I find most effective is lining the bottom of a cake pan with a perfectly sized piece of parchment paper.
2. Using The Correct Ingredients. Using substitutes when cake baking is tricky. You can sometimes get away with substituting butter for applesauce and other things, but it’s very tricky to find the right ingredients that will give you the desired result.
3. Knowing When The Cake Is Ready. To know when a cake is ready stick a knife or toothpick into the center of the cake. If the knife or toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready. If it comes out with some batter on it, then bake for a few more minutes then test again until the knife or toothpick comes out clean.
4. Not Over Mixing. You never want to over mix your cake batter. Over mixing your cake batter can result in a more dense and chewy cake.
5. Preheating The Oven. When baking a cake, it’s super important that the oven is preheated properly.
6. Taking Ingredients Out Ahead Of Time. When a recipe says, “Room Temperature,” it means you should take out your ingredients ahead of time. If a recipe calls for the eggs to be room temperature, it’s really important to bring them to room temperature before using them.
7. Putting The Cake In The Oven. Once the cake batter is mixed, immediately pour it into your cake pan or cupcake pan and bake. Your rising ingredients (baking soda or baking powder) will start to rise once they come in contact with your wet ingredients. So once the batter is fully mixed, it’s ready to go.
Here are some amazing cake, bread, and muffin recipes to try!
Here are some more tips for baking!
Have you ever wondered what lemon juice does to food? I will tell you!
1. Avocados. Have you ever noticed when you make guacamole the guacamole changes color? If you add a tiny bit of lemon juice it keeps the guacamole fresh and green. This is because lemon juice contains citric acid.
2. Apples. If you cut an apple open to pack in your lunch, you have probably noticed that the apple turns brown. If you squeeze some lemon juice on the apple it will keep it fresh and it won’t discolor.
3. Canning. When canning food you need a certain amount of acid. If you do not have enough acid the canned foods can grow food borne diseases. So by adding lemon juice (because lemons contain citric acid) it keeps your canned foods safe!
4. Cheesemaking. Sometimes when making cheese like mozzarella and ricotta cheese you add citric acid. The citric acid makes the milk curdle and gives it the best taste. So by adding lemon juice it forms the cheese
For recipes using lemons check out these Gluten Free Apple Crisp, The Best Paleo Lemonade, The Best Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, and many more recipes!
I love Pinterest!
If you haven’t signed up for Pinterest because you don’t know how it works or don’t get it, just trust me, you will fall in love with it!
Pinterest has so many great ideas for all sorts of things, especially cooking and baking ideas!
If you haven’t already followed me on Pinterest, then go follow me at CookingAtNine!
Follow these Bakers…
Now about those Inspirational bakers…
1. Rosanna Pansino. Rosanna Pansino also known as Ro is a very inspiring baker. She is known for her YouTube channel Rosanna Pansino where she post baking videos and vlogs about her life with her 2 dogs.
2. The Icing Artist. Laurie Shannon from the icing artist is a very talented baker. Laurie Shannon also has a YouTube channel The Icing Artist. She does videos themed around holidays and life hacks for baking.
3. How To Cake It. Yolanda Gampp is popular for her step by step videos on Youtube, HowToCakeIt. On this channel she posts once a week. She posts incredible cakes she has made while she is narrating them.
4. Sally’s Baking Addiction. Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction is know for her amazing recipes, on her blog and her YouTube channel, Sally’s Baking Addiction.
5. Betty Crocker. Betty Crocker is known for their world wide box mixes. Betty Crocker also has a YouTube channel called Betty Crocker where they post baking how to’s.
6. SkyRunningGirl. Naia from SkyRunningGirl makes healthy and vegan recipes for athletes. Her recipes are very simple and so delicious!
7. My Recipes. My Recipes is run by Nicole Nelson McLaughlin, she is the culinary producer of My Recipes. She also has a YouTube channel called My Recipes, on there they post baking hacks and tips.
8. Find Your Cake Inspiration. Diana from Find Your Cake Inspiration is a very talented cake decorator, her cakes will just WOW you!
9. British Girl Bakes. Emily is from British girl bakes. Emily has a YouTube channel called British Girl Bakes and she does simple tutorials on cake baking.
10. Molly Yeh. Molly Yeh is the creator of MyNameIsMollyYeh.com. Molly also has a YouTube channel called Molly Yeh, this is where she posts baking videos.