What Essential Spices Must You Have In Your Pantry? Here is a list of 10 spices I keep in my pantry at all times.
1. Ground Black Peppercorns . Ground Black Peppercorns are a very used thing in everyday meals. Black Peppercorns can spice up any bland meal.
2. Cumin. Cumin is the most used spice in the world. Cumin adds flavor to a lot of Mexican and middle eastern dishes.
3. Garlic Powder. Garlic Powder can be in literally any savory dish to spice it up.
4. Paprika. Paprika is used mostly used for garnish. The spicy flavor of paprika is brought out by heating in oil over the stove.
5. Cinnamon. Cinnamon is very good for the body. Cinnamon helps fight off viruses. Cinnamon is used in many sweet and savory dishes. Try one a recipe with this essential spice, here!
6. Nutmeg. Nutmeg is good for flavoring pastries, vegetables, meats, potatoes, and some drinks like Eggnog.
7. Vanilla Extract. When using Vanilla Extract in baking you use a very small amount. Vanilla Extract is used Ice cream, Cookies, Cupcakes, etc.
8. Ground Ginger. Ground Ginger has that warm but also a spicy taste. Ground Ginger is also used for garnishing foods.
9. Chili Powder. Chili Powder is used in chilis but also gives some flavor to vegetables, and is another one of our essential spices.
10. Turmeric . Turmeric is used in most curry powders. Turmeric creates that yellow glowing look in a lot of foods.