Have you tried to make a cake and it didn’t turn out as planned? Read on for Tips To Achieve The Perfect Cake
These 7 tips will help you make the perfect cake!
1. Preparing Your Pans. Properly preparing your pan is one of the most important steps in cake making. There are many ways to prepare your pan. What I find most effective is lining the bottom of a cake pan with a perfectly sized piece of parchment paper.
2. Using The Correct Ingredients. Using substitutes when cake baking is tricky. You can sometimes get away with substituting butter for applesauce and other things, but it’s very tricky to find the right ingredients that will give you the desired result.
3. Knowing When The Cake Is Ready. To know when a cake is ready stick a knife or toothpick into the center of the cake. If the knife or toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready. If it comes out with some batter on it, then bake for a few more minutes then test again until the knife or toothpick comes out clean.
4. Not Over Mixing. You never want to over mix your cake batter. Over mixing your cake batter can result in a more dense and chewy cake.
5. Preheating The Oven. When baking a cake, it’s super important that the oven is preheated properly.
6. Taking Ingredients Out Ahead Of Time. When a recipe says, “Room Temperature,” it means you should take out your ingredients ahead of time. If a recipe calls for the eggs to be room temperature, it’s really important to bring them to room temperature before using them.
7. Putting The Cake In The Oven. Once the cake batter is mixed, immediately pour it into your cake pan or cupcake pan and bake. Your rising ingredients (baking soda or baking powder) will start to rise once they come in contact with your wet ingredients. So once the batter is fully mixed, it’s ready to go.